Open the app an click on create.
Then choose your background, either from the ones provided, from your own image library or you can take a photograph of wherever you are at the time.
Lastly, you can either type in your message or record it directly onto your device. You can record up to 30 seconds of spoken audio.
Once you animation is complete you can either send it by email, share it through various social networks or just save it onto your device to show it in class.
I think this is a great app to get students speaking either in the classroom, at home or while they are out and about in the world.
Some learning activities for students
- Ask the students to create 4 - 5 animated images explaining their route to school.
- Get students to create animated images of 4 - 5 of their favourite places around their town.
- Get students to take pictures of objects and create an animated video dictionary.
- Get students to talk about images of people in their family.
- Create some animated images of different steps in a process (making coffee, tea etc) and then get the students to watch and put them in the correct order.
- Get students to create an animated image journal by adding one new image each day.
- Get students to take pictures of their favourite book covers or film posters and then record a review.
- Get students to create animated video cards on special occasions.
What I like about Tellagami
- It's free and very easy to use.
- It encourages students to speak.
- It can be used effectively outside the classroom.
- Students can use it to pull some aspects of their own life and experience into the classroom.
- It produces very professional looking results.
- At present it's only available for iPhone / iPad so that limits who can use it.
I hope you find it useful.
- Text to Speech Movies for EFL ESL
- iPad Apps for English Language Teachers
- Creating audio-visual monologues
- Drama project tools
- Make you own animated movies
- Developing screencast tutorials
- Extending a Sentence